Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Saga of a Bad Hair Day Part 3

Here's Jenny after I rolled her hair on perm rods and straws. Then I waited 20 hours for drying.  Two curlers weren't completely dry but it didn't matter.
Next I unrolled the hair.  First, I thought I would try to leave the curls in but I knew a "do" like that would be hard for girls that like really active play so I opted to brush it into what I call a "bubble".  I had to cut off so much frizz because the frizz just doesn't do right.  Most of Jenny's hair is frizz so a lot is left.. Considering she already had somewhat of an uneven hair cut, I think she turned out pretty well.  She really needs a new wig but that would cost as much as a new Our Generation doll.

The frizz helps give a little body to the "bubble" which is good cause these doll's don't have very thick hair.  Some of the good hair is nice and shiny from the Downy Dunk which I left on for four hours! Some hair is red tinted from sun exposure. I put in some purple star barrettes. Also, I completed her clean-up using a Magic Eraser gently to remove those black/brown markes on her left arm and to remove a thin layer of dirt off her limbs and face. So that's Jenny C's make over! Got any comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment